Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
Get ready to cozy up with this vegan pumpkin pasta. If you enjoy creamy pastas, this will hit the spot for you. Pumpkin is highly nutritious and particularly rich in Vitamin A. Consuming Vitamin A can help protect your eyesight, support your bone health and boost your immunity. This recipe also contains coconut milk which has been shown to help lower blood pressure and cholesterol in the body. Give this pasta recipe a try, it will only take 20 minutes!
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the vegan butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for a minute or two, until fragrant.
- Stir in the pumpkin purée, coconut milk, paprika and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Drain and rinse your pasta and combine it with the pumpkin cream sauce. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Garnish with fresh or crispy sage leaves if using, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 600
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 460mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 97g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 18g