- 1/2 cup packed purple yam (110 g)
- 1/2 a frozen banana (60 g)
- 1 cup peeled, chopped and frozen zucchini (150 g)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (140 g)
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other plant milk of choice
- 1 scoop vega vegan vanilla protein powder (30 g)
- 1 tsp stevia or maple syrup if you like it sweeter!
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend on low, using a spoon to press everything down or stopping to scrape down the sides, until it’s thick, smooth and creamy.
- If it is too thick you can slowly add more almond milk until it reaches the right consistency.
- Scoop it into a bowl and enjoy by itself or you can top it with more blueberries, granola, chia seeds, cocoa nibs, nuts, nut butter or whatever else you heart desires!
This purple banana nice cream is perfect when you are craving a sweet treat like ice cream but it’s packed with tons of micronutrients and protein, unlike traditional ice cream! It is somewhere in between a smoothie bowl and regular nice cream. The purple sweet potato and blueberries are packed with antioxidants, giving this recipe both anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties! This recipe contains 30% of your daily calcium, 20% of your daily vitamin A, and 100% of your daily vitamin C. It also packs in vitamin K, zinc, magnesium, vitamin E and phosphorus! I would strongly recommend using a high-speed blender to ensure everything turns out perfectly creamy and smooth. You can make many adjustments to the recipe to fit your needs as well! Don’t want any protein powder? Add the other half of the banana. Got a big sweet tooth? Add extra stevia, maple syrup, honey, or fruit puree! If you are not dairy-free or vegan feel free to also use regular protein powder or milk instead! Our favorite toppings for this purple nice cream are nut butter, granola, and dark chocolate chips but add anything you like! (Extra blueberries, chia seeds, and hemp seeds would also be amazing and add some healthy fats and additional fiber)!
Recipe from: https://runningonrealfood.com/purple-banana-nice-cream/