- 12 oz light cream cheese
- 1 - 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ tbsp stevia (or any sweetener of choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese with pumpkin puree. Use a hand mixer to blend until there are no clumps, and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add stevia (or sweetener of choice), nutmeg and cinnamon, vanilla extract, and heavy cream. Mix until the ingredients are well incorporated. Add more stevia to taste.
- Refrigerate for 45 mins and serve!
Who doesn’t love pumpkin spice and everything nice? This dessert was a real crowd-pleaser when we were testing these recipes out. We couldn’t stop eating spoonful after spoonful! We promise that you and your family will love it just as much as we did!
We recommend using low-fat cream cheese to cut the calories, just in case you want to come back for seconds. We used stevia in this recipe, but your favorite low-glycemic sweetener (agave, honey, maple syrup, etc.) would work just as well. Did you know that roughly 7.3% of Canadians aged 12 or older (roughly 2.3 million people) are diagnosed with diabetes? Aside from getting enough rest and exercise, other ways to reduce your risk of diabetes is to eat foods with low glycemic indexes. Sugar-free sweeteners are an excellent way to balance your blood sugar while enjoying dessert. However, keep in mind that not everyone is suitable to consume sweeteners, so it is best to speak with your dietitian for an individual diet plan.