- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tps baking soda
- ½ tps salt
- zest of 2 medium or 3 small lemons
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup milk whole milk is best
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt 2% or full fat
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Drizzle with pure maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup, stir together the lemon juice and milk. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine greek yogurt, eggs, honey, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined. Whisk in the milk-lemon juice mixture until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and, using a spoon, stir until barely combined. The batter will be very thick. Be very careful not to overmix. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat; spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop ¼ cup portions of batter onto the hot griddle. Cook on the first side for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles begin to form. Flip and cook on the second side, 2-3 minutes more. Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup.
These homemade lemon and greek yogurt pancakes are fluffy and delicious!This recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make and look absolutely amazing. Not only are they light, fluffy, and have the perfect hint of lemon, they are also a healthy upgrade from your typical pancakes. Greek yogurt adds protein, calcium, and vitamin D, making it a well-rounded breakfast! The use of whole wheat flour adds additional fiber, although you can substitute for a gluten-free alternative. You can even freeze these pancakes and reheat them for a super quick weekday breakfast option! We recommend serving with maple syrup, greek yogurt or even a side of strawberries!