Easy Asian Slaw with Red Cabbage and Carrot
Write a review
- ½ small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- leaves from a few sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- Place the cabbage in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Massage the salt into the cabbage and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse the cabbage under cold water and drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar and sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, scallion, and cilantro.
- Pour enough of the dressing over to coat the slaw. Let stand 15-30 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with the black sesame seeds.
Nutrition Well http://nutritionwell.co/