- butter, melted - 3 Tbsp
- olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- crushed dried rosemary - ¼ tsp, or fresh rosemary - ½ tsp
- sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly - 3lbs. (3-4 medium)
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced thinly
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fareinheit.
- Combine melted butter, oil and crushed rosemary in a small bowl. Pour 2 tablespoons of butter-oil mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange potato slices vertically in the dish. Add a sliver of shallot between every few slices of potato.
- Brush top with remaining butter-oil mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with foil and roast for 1 hour, covered, until potatoes are tender (If your potato slices are thicker than shown, you may need to increase cooking time). Increase oven heat to 450 degrees F. Remove foil and roast another 10-15 minutes, until tops of potatoes are browned and crisp.
These buttery, crispy sweet potatoes were easy to make, and would be a great addition to a hearty winter holiday meal! This recipe uses only 6 simple ingredients but is still super flavourful and aromatic from the shallots and the rosemary. Sweet potatoes are a great source of fiber, beta-carotene, vitamin C. Sweet potatoes are high in fiber, which promotes regularity and digestive tract health, and helps regulate blood sugar levels. Beta-carotene, an antioxidant that gets converted to vitamin A, is a micronutrient that is important for maintaining good vision, and other vital organs in your body. This dish is made with a delicious nutrient-dense root vegetable that has a variety of health benefits. This dish is also very versatile and is great for complimenting a holiday feast or any regular weekday meal.
Recipe from: http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2014/12/crispy-roasted-rosemary-sweet-potatoes.html